Healthshare Clinics provides physiotherapy assessment and treatment for all your aches, pains and problems with muscles, ligaments, bones and joints, including backs and necks.
Our Musculoskeletal Physiotherapists use a variety of treatment techniques such as manual therapy, massage, joint mobilisation, manipulation as well as being expert in rehabilitation and exercise programs to return you to activity. We also provide pre and post operative rehabilitation and are actively working with a team of Consultant Surgeons to ensure the optimum outcome from surgery. In some cases our physiotherapists may offer acupuncture as part of your treatment program.
Our Sports Injury specialist physiotherapists are experienced working with junior and senior sports people from those who paticipate at a social level to elite level competitors. We have years of experience in returning individuals to their pre-injury level with tailored rehabilitation programs. We have worked with athletes from a wide range of sports such as rugby, athletics, netball, hockey, football, cricket, gymnastics and martial arts as well as less popular sports such as fencing, windsurfing, ice hockey and curling.
We have other specialists who are valuable members of our extensive team. They include the following:
- Womens Health Physiotherapists who specialise in treatment of gynaecological and pregnancy related problems which may affect continence and/or cause pain.
- Vestibular Physiotherapists who are expert in the treament and rehabilitation for individuals who suffer from dizzyness, vertigo, tinnitus, loss of balance, double vision, light headedness and spinning. The most common medical diagnosis for vestibular problems is benign paroxysmal posture vertigo (BPPV).
- Podiatrists who specialise in both biomechanical gait analysis and foot health. They are expert at assessing running gait and identifying causes for overuse type injuries as well as prescribing orthotics as and when required. The team also deal with foot health issues such as blisters, in-growing toenails, callus and corns, verrucae, osteoarthritis and toe deformity.
- Sports Massage Therapists provide a massage service that is an effective treatment to release soft tissue stress, reduce tension and restore optimal movement and function. It can reduce fatigue, promote flexibility, reduce pain, enhance recovery and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Pilates Instructors teach a number of classes designed to improve quality of movement by stretching, strengthening and restoring the body’s natural ‘balance’.
We can also offer Home Visits if you are unable to travel to one of our clinics.
When you attend for an appointment then please wear loose clothing so that we can easily examine the affected area. We will take a full history, do a physical examination and talk about treatment plans with you before starting treatment.
All of our Physiotherapists are members of the Chartered Society of Physiotherapy (CSP) and are registered with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC).
Healthshare Clinics Physiotherapists are registered with all of the major health insurance companies however other therapists may not be covered so clients need to check directly with their insurance companies. We also welcome self funding patients who are required to pay at the time of treatment.
You may be referred by your doctor, consultant,or you may refer yourself to us directly. If you have a health insurance policy then you will normally need to have been referred by your GP or the insurance comapny themselves.
For more details regarding 'What we do' then please visit www.healthshareclinics.org.uk